View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeman6970 View Post
I appreciate all the info. I kinda had the feeling that I'd probably need to spend more $$$ to get the right set-up. Looks like the Icon (+14cc) forged might work out nicely. 1.720" comp height & probably 10:1 or less compression with my #12 heads. Once the machine shop gets me some numbers, I can do some more accurate calculations. 👍
That should get you close. I forget the cc of my 12's and don't remember how much dish was machined in the piston, that was a couple decades ago, I'd have to find some paperwork. I want to say 13cc on the piston? My heads were milled slightly to true them up as well, then block zero decked and a .039 gasket. Crank was also ground to correct stroke which very slightly affects things as most of these OEM cranks fall a pinch short on advertised stroke. I do remember for sure it's exactly 10.13:1
If you get in that range somewhere it should be fine on pump. I'm using the melling 068 which checks about spot on. A bit small in my opinion but has been happy for years

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
The Following User Says Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post: