View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 12:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
With his particular set up he has a distributor that is locked out, (no centrifugal advance), but does have vacuum advance. So, he has 18 initial, manifold vacuum advance adds the other 25-30 degrees at idle and part throttle cruise. Full throttle timing reverts back to 18, which he claims is where his boosted 8.0 compression motor runs best. I guess that it's easy to crank @18 with the low compression.

I suppose there's nothing really wrong with this approach, on this particular engine, but the way he comes across as some self-proclaimed super tuner, savior of the world is very off putting to say the least. He even made a recent post comparing himself to Nunzi Romano and Nikola Tesla. I'll try to find it and post it here, it's hilarious

This particular engine, in his "stage 3 super pace car" does have something wrong with that type of tune... it detonates at part throttle & 6psi of boost so bad that it requires 3-4 bottles of octane boost or race gas.... it wasnt built to do that, its what is needed to stop the detonation and get anywhere near the factory 9psi boost.

Bet that car doesnt run any better than a mild properly set up turbo 301 & definitely nowhere near as good as some of the higher power 301t's being done today... yet after all the bragging he wont even take it to the track or actually have the engine dyno'd! LOL!