View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 11:47 AM

That is probably what the T-bucket guys were saying about 70's people. I heard the same thing when leaded gas was gone and the same when fuel injection came along. I guess I am in the opposite crowd like many things around here. Cars have only gotten faster, more fuel efficient, better braking and handling. The younger generations are doing what most of us had to do when we were younger buy cars they could afford. In my day (80's) it was 75 and up Novas, Malibus, Chevelles, Torinos and Dusters. The younger generation had to go with Civics and Camrys that were cheap in their time. If you dont think the younger crowds know about cars then you havent been watching and seeing these FWD imports running some insane numbers on the street and on the track. Also guys our age are swapping newer motors in older cars and that is going to appeal to the younger crowd as well. I will say most people who get into the car hobby thinking they are going to be making huge profit after selling their completed vehicles are in for a rude awaking. The average car enthusiast has put more money into their vehicle then it will ever be worth. If you look at videos (youtube) or like someone else mentioned a Cars and Coffee event the car culture is going to be fine. In fact the days of tuning your carburetor by ear are over with the availability of O2 sensors. Heck these young kids could probably teach most older guys a thing or two about tuning their modern vehicles with a laptop.