View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 12:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmmmm View Post
D & M did mine and included moving the redline up on the tach

Everything is working fine except for inconsistencies with the tach, but I think it's a dirty signal from the MSD distributer. That gremlin is being chased out now.

Appearance wise they looked brand new though. I'd use him again.
I am.in the process of restoring my 1970 formula and was told by a redline guages tech that msd or hei will not work on a standard rebuilt tac it must be completely upgraded., but petronix or pints will work fine. I would find out if they did the stock rebuilt on your 1 wire tac or upgraded the tac. If it's a one year only 1 wire tac I would leave alone and either put points back in or get a 8 grand 71-75 2 wire one and have that one upgraded. you can trouble shoot it too by putting points distributor in it and see how tac operates before doing all that. I'm surprised the restoration company didn't mention any of this to you. Also cover the back of the tac center where factory aluminum tape was if not already done when all issues are resolved. There is a magnetic field there that will attract dust and metal fibers and could damage tac. I'm no expert but ask questions and listen. Just trying to help.