View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 05:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You guys are all doom and gloom!

As long as they keep putting these cars in movies we will be fine.

The EV commitment has slowed dramatically and kids are aware of the downfalls. Somehow Elon became uncool so there goes that.

There will of course be a slow down.

GTO’s, Trans Am’s, Super Sports, Chargers, Mustang Fastbacks, etc will continue to rise. #’s matching or not I feel these cars will always be desirable. Like the 57 Chevy they will continue to rise with inflation but probably not outperform inflation after the next 10 years.

B bodies, 4 doors, base models will see a steady decline but again I do not think they will be worthless. Convertibles will hold value because of the driving experience.

80’s -00’s are the next ones on the rise. We have seen Iroc-Z’s for $50-60k but in 10 years that will probably be the norm.

Every time my daughters have groups over (16 and 19) the kids are in the shop amazed by the sound, the look and especially the simplicity. They want to sit in them, ride in them and take videos of them.

My daughter drove my 87 Formula to school one day and was amazed by the experience- no screens, no messages….. just driving. Perhaps that why I enjoy the older cars so much- you are just driving and enjoying the car.

There was a time we thought records were done too!

Gen X’rs are going to be around for another 40 years which helps.

Of course I could be completely wrong, never been accused of being smart

The Following User Says Thank You to 1965gp For This Useful Post: