View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 03:26 PM
Senior Chief

We are usually most drawn to the aspirational cars from our teens and early 20s, esp around the high school timeframe. By the time I graduated in 1988, a decent muscle car was priced out of reach for someone not making a lot of money. There were clapped out ones, and that's where I usually went. There were always the rare but smokin' good deals, but for the most part, I couldn't get anywhere near a decent GTO, Chevelle, or 442. I got a few in the under $1000 range and it was for a reason.

What do high school kids right now look forward to owning in the future? That's where the money will be.

My generation was a lot about the G-body cars, and of those, I've probably owned four dozen and I'm currently down to three. Most of the "first cars" for my friends at age 16 were 10 year old used cars that meant a mid 70s smogger that was slow enough to get schooled by a vespa at a traffic light.

Who knows what the future holds? The sole surviving refrigerator white Dodge Neon sedan (Garblik edition) could be big money!

(PY board members probably have no idea that Mike is a closet Mopar fanatic with the best neon ever made)

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan

Last edited by Mr Anonymous; 04-30-2024 at 03:28 PM. Reason: .