View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

I talk with a lot of younger guys that are into cars and are lucky enough to have some Pontiacs. There is love for these cars with the youth, but they are largely priced out of the hobby. So, why would they care about something they can't afford?

There's one guy I speak with regularly that is in his mid 20's and has a 69 Firebird. It's been in mothballs for several years now because a few things broke and it's too expensive to get new parts. Most young guys don't have the time, money or patience to store a car for a couple years to be able to save and build a car as you can afford parts.

As a result the young guys that are in to cars, usually have something that is cheaper and probably doubles as their daily. So you get later model cars in general and many imports which can be had cheaper.

This IMHO will eventually create a supply and demand issue that will likely push prices for normal muscle and classic cars downward. But I also think that there's still a period of price inflation for certain cars ahead of us. Probably for another 5-7 years if I had to make a guess.