Thread: Ordering system
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 09:39 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivera View Post
I love Ames and Lord knows I spend lots of money with you. I’m curious if there’s a way to base shipping on size of items for small expensive parts. It’s easy to spend over $100 with small items that fit in a flat rate box yet $100-250 is $25 shipping. That’s the case for me placing an order as I type this. Is this to entice people to spend more?

Also, why isn’t there a Tempest/Lemans option for 1968-72? I have to shop under the GTO tab for my 69 Lemans.
Grivera, please feel free to email us or give us a call when placing an order like that with smaller items; in some cases we are able to lower the shipping charge for you by researching costs or using a different carrier if necessary. The tiered shipping system has been used for many years and we're continuing to use it for now; In many cases it works out quite well to save you on cost. In the future we'll be looking at calculated charges, at this time though our system is not designed for it. Concerning the Tempest/Lemans vs GTO search, GTO is going to cover all A-body. Just look at it as a criteria for searching the GTO/Lemans/Tempest catalog.

Thank you!
Kyler @ Ames