View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 04:04 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
Thanks for providing these graphs. I think what this shows is the true potential of what this type of system provides.

At 8psi, which I think is a great baseline here and around where a lot of people would run the system, you are producing at or a bit over 600hp. Some would say, you can build a 600hp 455 for cheaper and keep it NA. That's true, it's only 1.3hp/cid after all. The difference here is that the blown setup is going to be far more docile around town in normal cruising. Yeah it's probably going to be more expensive going this route, but you get to have your cake and eat it too.
Thanks for your feedback, and I agree.

The baseline run N/A with a carb made 419 HP, so the supercharger made +50% more power- with a disproportionate increase in torque. Not many 600 HP engines are making over 800 ft/lbs. which goes to the overall drivability and "seat of the pants" performance much more than HP.

One of these will be in a street car soon, so we will have some real world feedback as to drivability, which I expect to include instant boost, unlimited torque anywhere in the powerband, and the ability to use high (numerically) low rear end gears with no overdrive transmission needed for street driving.

Not sure yet of the cost comparison to get the same HP N/A. Pretty sure you'll not get the same torque regardless of money.

The TVS head unit is capable of over 1000 HP with the right combination- but that was not the goal of this particular build.

There is still more work to be done.

The limiting factor in this build was the cylinder head. On a good day, these (untouched) 4X heads flow ~205 cfm. On the subject of boost what you are really seeing here is better stated as a flow restriction- which shows up as measured boost. The name of the game is airflow not boost.

As a next step, a better flowing cylinder head is already in the planning stages.

Anyone care to speculate what this combo will produce with a 310 CFM head allowing 50% more airflow as compared to the 205 CFM 4X heads?

Stay tuned, but in the meantime the casting tooling is underway and I am working to simplify the ignition, refine the tune to make this as close to a thoroughly tested and validated system as I can.

1969 GTO 467, Edelbrock 325 CFM, Terminator EFI
1969 Firebird Convertible