View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Finished installing all my upgraded front suspension components. GW upper control arms, eBay “knock-off” lower control arms, proforged upper and lower ball joints, Speedtech AFX spindle, speedtech AFX steering arm, new inner and outer tie rods, Kore3 “z51” big brake kit. Reusing the coil spring and bilstein shocks that I had on the car before this project began.

One note - with the speedtech steering arm came new aluminum tie-rod adjusting sleeves, which are visually longer than the original sleeves. After installing the new tie rod ends with the sleeves, it was apparent that the combo was too long, and would not allow for a proper alignment. The front tires were pointing outward, measuring over 1/2” off from front of the rotors to the rear with a tape measure. After speaking with Speedtech, they suggested trimming some of the extra threaded rod from the tie rod ends. So, I did. Trimmed approx 1/2” off both inners and both outers.

After reinstalling, it appears this solved the issue and will allow for enough adjustability for proper alignment. But strange I had to do that… seems they could/should shorten their tie rod adjusting sleeve they provide with the AFX steering arm.

Now to bleed the brakes and give it a test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Turbos make no noise and leave the line like Baby Diarrhea!" - GTOGeorge