View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomotivebreath View Post
Does anyone have a resistor wire idea without using the mopar style ballast resistor ?
You can buy resistance wire and the necessary #56 style terminal to plug it into the bulkhead, then run it up to the coil.

A new wire harness is also made with both a resistance wire and a 12 volt wire already built in from places like American Auto Wire. So if you're dealing with a 50-60 year old car with it's original harness it might just be a good idea to buy a new engine harness, especially if it's been hacked on. They aren't that expensive.

Or what I've done in the past is like I said, run a new wire from the firewall bulkhead up to the coil. I'll join both a resistor wire and a regular 12 gauge wire for a full 12 volts together at the bulkhead crimped into the #56 style terminal, run both wires through the harness up to the coil and then have the option to run resistance for points or a full 12 volts to trigger a wiz bang setup if the need ever arises and just tuck the extra unused wire in the harness.

Lots of ways to go about it.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE