View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas t eh View Post
Well, I think Summit is just protecting their butt, after getting caught or rather called out by the original manufacturer. They must have known from the beginning that part was stolen or copied.
No disrespect to you or even Summit but I think you give them too much credit. Speedmaster has over 1700 parts in the Summit Racing catalog. Summit Racing has 1500 different vendors in their system. We are talking about MILLIONS of different parts. If you have ever spoken to a Summit "tech expert", they are lucky to know what a 1/4"-20 bolt is or a freeze plug. I don't think there is any way they knew that obscure C-4 Ford trans brake was counterfeit or even what a trans brake is or who Broader Enterprises was. They sure as hell do now! They should know however, that all the Speedmaster stuff they sell is crap by the number of returns they are getting back however. Speedmaster sells allot of big, expensive, product on the Summit site as well. Heads, blocks, assembled short blocks, some part numbers are close to 3K each and eat up shelf space. To stop selling all that garbage was a big move for them IMO.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: