View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had geico for many years, they do house insurance too, they let you do all policies & changes online which is nice, but they arent the cheapest.

I now have american family for home & car insurance, cant do everything online but for my policy and location they are the cheapest premium price by a pretty large amount and their agents leave you alone but are very helpful when you need to make a change or have questions.

My city recently had whats called a Derecho, which is an inland hurricane, very rare, had straightline winds of 130-140mph for almost an hour straight, wiped out 80%+ of our very old large trees and caused huge widespread damage to almost every house & building, toppled 75-100 year old huge oak trees that their roots lifted concrete driveways & streets, cant describe the damage but was just like a big hurricane down south... whole town was without power for almost 2 weeks.

That was about 3 years ago, american family paid all claims for my house & property damage without any questions asked, even paid for roof repair that the contractor scammed them on by jacking up the estimate by double what they claimed in writing, thats what these storm chasing companies do, they make an estimate then do whats called a supplement claiming prices of materials & labor went up or that they found other damage that clearly was not there... but the insurance companies pay it, I even told them about the scam from the roofers & they didnt even care. After paying almost $30k claim, they raised my rates about $200 so I did switch my home insurance to all state that had lower premiums for the same coverage but I kept the vehicle insurance with amfam since they are still the cheapest I could find. Would have stayed with amfam if they didnt raise the home rate so much.

Amfam also has a classic car policy but I just have the basic coverage for vehicles from them.

The Following User Says Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post: