View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 06:08 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac_boy View Post
Little bit of a noob here when it comes to boosted Pontiac but I wanted to get a general understanding on y’all’s experience and opinions on cranks.

I’m looking to build something capable of mid nines initially with room to grow as I gain more experience with the combo. So I’m figuring in a 3600lb car I probably need to be in the 1k-1200hp range?
Am I crazy?
John Meany had a 1000 hp Small Block Chevy STREET engine in a Corvette 25 years ago that he drove everywhere at low boost (less than 15 psi of boost) John Lingerfeller was involved in the project.

A YSi Vortech Supercharger would make 1200 in a street car with a basic BB Chevy engine years ago. A Procharger supercharger can easily make the same power.

A boosted Pontiac Turbo Engine (one turbo) would require a Large turbo (or 2 turbos ) and would be very soft on the bottom unless paired with a 400+ cid engine.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 04-16-2024 at 06:14 PM.