View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Darin Morgan is among the Elite cylinder head experts still working in the field. I have learned allot attending numerous seminars he either headlined or participated in. He was helpful to me personally on two projects. 1. He was very respectful of Arnie Beswick's lifetime achievements and tried his best to secure some old Pro Stock castings for the Tameless Tiger. 2 . I dragged one of our Billet Ram Air V prototype heads along with blue prints and data to a Darin Morgan seminar. He spent about 1/2 hour one on one going through numerous aspects of our design, pointing out areas of improvement, things to consider, areas to test on the flow bench and other insights. Once he got over the fact that we were 100% committed to the Pontiac platform, he was extremely helpful and supportive. He initially had the "Why would you try to race this thing with one hand tied behind your back attitude?. But he eventually understood the importance of maintaining the "Pontiac" heritage. Highly recommend attending one of his seminars if your primary interest is cylinder heads/air flow.
interesting...what pro stock castings was he trying to obtain, RA V heads ? they were raced in early 1970's in Pro Stock.
or were they trying to find early BBC castings ?
elaborate on what he said about your RA V billet prototypes ?