View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"My car pulls enough G's to shoot the cigarette lighter out of the dash and into the back seat and flops over the passenger side floor mat, just think what the fuel is doing in the tank and the pressure against it in the fuel line."

Had to chuckle when I read this.

I had to reach over and flip the passengers floor mat back over after every run. I'd also add that if you were wearing a hat and put your sunglasses on it theer was a good chance they would end up in the back seat or against the back window! I made a time run once with half a can of soda on the front seat between my legs and was wearing most of it and looking for a paper towel coming back up the return road to get my time slip!

Getting back to the topic, it is ALWAYS best to "push" fuel than to "pull" it. An in tank pump, sumped factory tank with a good eletric pump mounted behind it, or fuel cell with a rear mounted pump is pretty much required for one of these cars IF you are making good power and have good traction.

I've tried all sorts of mechanical pumps and larger feed lines but they NEVER work as well as a free flow rear located electric pump, and I always use a return to take the load off the pump so you don't fry the brushes in a month of so of street use........

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),