View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just pulled my stock tank that I modified with 1/2" pickup silver soldered in with return and drain plug added. What a pain. After I added the back brace to the 9" I could not get it out. I put the frame up on blocks and pulled the coil springs and was barely able to jack it up with jack backwards under the car and get it out.
A 5 gallon fuel cell is going in.
Not sure which pump I am going to put in. I have a 160gph Speedmaster Mallory copy that would be the easiest. I can just use the 1/2" return from the carb mounted regulator already set up.
Or have a used BG 400 pump I bought here. You can return right from the pump on those things but going that route is all new to me. 5/8 to the pump and return.
Robb Mc told me they did a test on a Pro Stock car and the fuel required was not even 150 gph.
So I have a fuel pressure gauge and 2 vacuum gauges, one crankcase and one manifold set up on the cowl for testing. If the 160 won't do it the big pump is going on.
Think I might get some sort of camera set up on the dash so I don;t actually have to watch them down the track.
I also did my stock tank mods back in the 90s. Had to do it all yourself in those days. Part of the fun of Hot Rodding IMO.