View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Replaced the regulator this week and I had a bit of time to do some test driving.

The regulator that came out of the FiTech showed no signs of issues. There wasn't a single piece of debris on the screen and the diaphragm held vacuum. That said the new Bosch unit did improve fuel pressure by about 8 psi and I no longer see a drop in fuel pressure with additional throttle.

Sadly it had no effect on how the engine is performing. But I did feel confident enough in it at low rpm to put some miles on it and burn off some of the fuel in the tank. That will be my final fuel related item to tackle this weekend, a new pump.

However I'm once again leaning away from this being a fuel issue. It would be great if the new pump cured this issue, but I'm not longer hopeful on that end.

Spring diagnostic tools are about as much, or more than much of the traditional dual springs I'm seeing, so I may opt to replace those regardless. I think these heads get set up somewhere around 1.7"IH but I'll need to buy some stuff to measure this. I've never setup heads or done valve springs before so this is going to be a pretty big learning experience.

I'd certainly love some recommendations here. Tried getting some from comp, but spend about an hour and a half on hold before giving up on that. I also haven't been able to get ahold of KRE to see how the heads were originally set up. Hopefully I'll be able to get in touch with them next week.

I do have a small annoying leak from the thermostat housing that I need to take care of, so I guess now is as good a time as any to also remove the intake since I'll have to drain a bit of coolant anyhow. I'll inspect the cam and all of the lifters while I'm in there.