View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Headliner Shipping Methods

Getting ready to order a headliner for a 73 Firebird. Vinyl with foam glued to Plastic backer board. Ames says their item is rolled up and sent in a box. They say to roll it out and heat is needed to make it lay flat. Classic Industries says their item is shipped double oversize but they don't specify if that is also rolled or sent flat. I tried to call them and the 2 people I spoke with didn't speak enough English to get an answer I can rely on. I just hate to send a big part like this back with all the associated hassle when it arrives all crunched-up or rolled so tight it would take 3 years in a giant oven to relax it enough to install it. Does anyone have any experience with purchasing a complete headliner like this and how was it shipped? I would like to buy from our Host, Ames. But I want it to look as close to perfect as possible once installed. To make this even more complicated, Ames shipping in a box is $60.00. Classic Industries double oversize shipping is $61.20 So basically the shipping is the same. So I don't know what the deal is actually. Is Classic Industries just charging double oversize and rolling it and putting it in a box? Hard to get a straight answer from anyone. Thanks