View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 12:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Engine is in the car!

Had to lay it over on its side for transport from the garage to the backyard, but no harm in doing that. Looks a little like German engineering on it side, lol

Thread the needle trailer.

No issues setting it into place. I was happy to see the oil pickup line fits as expected.

The nice thing about a crank trigger and EFI is once the wheel and sensor are bolted on, I know the timing is dead on accurate like it was when I removed it. Making the engine fire right up. Of course I'll double check it, but I do expect it to be spot on. For the cam trigger set up, I rotate the engine so the sensor is about 3 teeth (~30º) before the missing tooth, then line up the cam trigger. So the cam trigger hits first, indicating #1 is on the compression stroke, then the missing tooth. I use these Cherry/ZF hall effect sensors everywhere. As crank and wheel speed sensors on my Skylark, crank sensor on the Firebird, and now cam sensor and soon wheel speed sensor. Crank is the only critical need, so if it dies I can swap in one of the other ones.

Started putting some of the other stuff back in. I need to wait for better/warmer weather to re-paint the turbo hotside then re-wrap it. In the mean time I'll be getting the coolant plumbing re-worked and finish up the electrical.

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)