View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 07:49 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatracer1 View Post
The car is an almost rust free Ca. car that was hit on the left side. We have a used complete quarter pan from another car already. The damage is not extensive but the panel is creased vertically and dented bad enough that fixing it would not be practical. If I do it I am planning on removing the old panel at the factory spot welds. There would be little or no butt welding. I planned on removing it at the door jam, pinch weld, at the welds behind the chrome trim where the roof meets the quarter and behind the quarter panel extension.
In that case then, I say go for it as well.

I wouldn't discard the removed quarter though. Once it's off and easily accessible from both sides, repairing it would be much easier with a hammer and dolly. Then either save it or sell it.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO