View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

TA man is right, it's a common issue at the track all the time with street car guys.

I like simplicity too, probably more than most, but I also like my street cars to perform like they should, not just look pretty. That usually means a mechanical pump won't cut the mustard. I mentioned earlier mechanical pumps are poor suckers and they have to pull that fuel from the back of the car for 20 feet through twists and turns. That's already marginal. Like TA mentioned you throw in drag strip passes on a good track and then you start to see issues you never thought you had before.

What I've also seen with my own cars, and Cliff has mentioned this before. Even if you don't think you see or feel any issue at the track with a mechanical pump and small fuel lines, the cars still typically will find more MPH and better ET with an upgraded fuel system anyway. The sheer volume supplied with bigger lines and a better in tank electric pump that is good at pushing the fuel forward in many cases yield better performance at the track you didn't think was there. I've seen this happen a few times with my own cars.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE