View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 07:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been pushing the limits of high compression and pump gas for decades now, been successful with it, and still haven't found the limits.

What I have found is that squish distance and squish area are HUGE players in that game, and the camshaft MUST bleed off a lot of cylinder pressure plus "push" peak VE up high in the RPM range.

All that followed by very close control of timing/fuel curves and you are on your way to having a strong running high compression pump gas friendly street/strip engine. No big secrets with that sort of thing. Several others on here have done it for quite a few years now W/O issue.

Whether you asked for opinions or not you got them. As usually some of the input came from folks who aren't doing it, haven't done it, or really never plan on doing it. I'm pretty used to **** shows on here, folks getting all butt-hurt and panties all wadded up, etc. It's actually better now than it has been in recent years. The moderators chit canned some of the leading "competitors".

I wouldn't take all that happened to you and your thread too hard. Drama is always alive and well on any Forum you will belong to. Be glad you aren't on a chainsaw Forum asking if Stihl makes better chainsaws that Husqvarna or Echo, etc. Or even worse asking about Dodge vs Chevy vs Ford diesel trucks.

In any case I'm glad it worked out for you and not surprised it's doing OK.

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),