View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 06:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet64 View Post
By the way, your car is running really strong for the limitations that you are working with. And I just saw in your earlier post that you have a Q-jet. Great carbs ! I ran one built by Cliff on my 403 and it was flawless but Cliff will tell you that because of the relatively small float bowl compared to a squarebore double pumper, it is more important than ever to make sure fuel delivery is up to the task.
Thanks, Im very impressed with it for what it is, stock E-heads & 3.23 gears with a factory but ported intake & Q-jet, main reason for that was the formula hood clearance issues, using a factory 76-79 TA type drop base air cleaner.

Cliff built this carb & the one on my mild 400 78 TA, both are 78 TA carbs and run excellent out of the box, minor choke & idle screw adjustments is all thats needed.

I do have 1/2" line from tank to pump, -8 braided from pump to carb, high flow filters, the robbmc pump works great but on about half of the good low 11 runs it will cut out, plan to verify psi on a run with a gauge soon. but future plan is to go intank pump in a baffled tank... just takes $$$ to go faster but it runs so good as is im somewhat content for now.