Thread: Shipping cost
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 11:15 AM

I recently sold a t-top through ebay and wanted to ship through the local UPS store and have it insured, packaged by them . The reason is I had a damaged package sold on ebay and shipped through UPS and could not get a hold of someone at UPS to file a claim. The local UPS store said they could not help me file a claim unless I shipped through the store. I had to get a hold of UPS online or call on the phone, it is all automated these days and no help. So basically I had to absorb the cost and profit loss of item. I also wasted money on insuring the package. Anyway I went to local UPS store and yes I know it is a t-top and needs extra padding and a large box. To ship through my local UPS store I was quoted 225( 165 was just shipping charge) . I found a box and tons of air bubbles and packaged myself. I am going to use FedEx and hope filling a claim for any future damage might be an easier endeavor but we will see. So using ebay for shipping again with insurance from FedEx is going to be 44.00 dollars. Even if I decided to use UPS through ebay it would have been about 57.00. That is a huge mark up from the UPS store never use them for shipping packages

Last edited by ta6point6; 03-19-2024 at 11:23 AM.