View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 Lamnas View Post
Resurrecting this partly because I'm also in the hunt for some turbo mufflers for the '65 Lamnas.

Summit Racing™ Turbo Mufflers
Made with free-flowing large diameter tubing—as much as 20 percent more than some competitors—Summit Racing™ Turbo mufflers offer you deep performance tone without being too loud. They feature 2.5 in. internal cores with 360 degree perforations, roll-seamed end caps, 100 percent aluminized construction, and seam locked cores that prevent the center baffles from twisting out. Installation is a breeze with their fully reversible design. The mufflers are available in a variety of inlet/outlet diameters and locations. Order the model that best fits your application.

The nice thing about the Dynomax Super Turbos, P/N 17770, is that they maintained the 3" on the inside, but I think they've been long discontinued...
FWIW Summit uses this same description on all of their USA made turbo mufflers, even the 2 1/4”.

First, I’m not an engineer, but retired from the HVAC trade. A sheet metal journeyman told me to increase airflow velocity, the duct size would be decreased then oversized similar to a thumb restricting water from a garden hose. Not sure if this applies to mufflers or crimping down is a production cost savings.?.