View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCho455 View Post
Lot's of good advice above. I will add that at present there is no reason to put any further money into the engine. The rest will come from tuning the car. Dyno tuning may help at this point but it isn't going to help with getting the car to launch and pull the top end.

Don't get excited and start changing a bunch of things. Change one thing at a time then test at the track. Testing without timing equipment usually isn't productive as your Butt Dyno will lie to you most of the time.

Your suspension parts are geared toward auto-cross and road racing which are counter productive when it comes to drag racing. Nothing wrong with those parts (I too have PTFB suspension on my 72 so no bias here) just keep in mind they will limit how well the car hooks up and covers the first 60 feet. Putting some 15 wheels and drag radials will help with the launch if your rear end isn't up to slicks. Do you have a drive shaft loop? It will be required to run with slicks.

That makes sense about the PTFB suspension….what changes would you make to gear it more towards drag? Aside from the slicks …Dave suggested those anti squat brackets specifically instead of Caltracs

Also what would suggest to pull more on the top end?

Thank you again everyone….all great info indeed