View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 09:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve,

So, I've got the idle dialed in for best vacuum but it's at around 3/4 of a turn out which makes me feel that circuit is a bit fat. The old combo was the same 73 jets with 42B rods and it drove pretty well but the plugs looked fat. I ordered rods 73B, 74B, 75B. 75B was best of them. Plugs still look a little fat that's all.

No dribbling or anything. The carb has a Cliff kit in it with new idle tubes and the idle channel restriction got drilled out to .0625 per the kit. The idle bypass air got drilled out to .1015 per the kit but I had to reverse this move with some cut up roll pin pieces because with the idle bypass that big I literally couldn't pull down the idle enough even with the throttle closed. Now, this was with the old 197 heads. I haven't tried opening those back up with the Edelbrock heads. But I don't feel it was a big change in idle throttle position when I changed heads...

Carbs Unlimited was where I got the other rods. They seem to have a gap between 45B and 48B. My feeling is I want a slight change and the 48B is going to be too lean. That's where this question was coming from.

Sam

Sam Agnew

Where you come from is gone; where you thought you were going to, weren't never there; and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.
Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod