Thread: Towing Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 11:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
Not sure what made you leary of the uhaul? They are not shiny and pretty but they are built to haul a tank. I have used them a couple of times and they did great, and handled great. I would imagine if you had trouble on the road they would be there to help.
One thing to make sure with any trailer is to have a spare tire and the means to change it. I borrowed a friends trailer and although the tires looked perfect we had a blowout. That created a whole new set of problems.
Mainly the tires...fear of a blowout. The few I saw did not have a lot of tread left and overall condition/maintenance wasn't impressive (I can look past surface rust).

I just stumbled onto the website mentioned and was very surprised that a suitable trailer was local, not to mention a 2024 with some nice options. Figured it was a 'sign'.

With the $$ I have invested in the GTO, I would kick myself if I went the U-Haul route and had an issue, when a seemingly better choice was literally around the corner. Good to know everyone's experience though, in case I 'have' to go that route.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
The Following User Says Thank You to vertigto For This Useful Post: