View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmygoat View Post
Most of you guys hating on Tesla have never driven one and (respectfully) don't know what you are talking about.

I haven't charged at a supercharger in over two years.. I charge at home using a 110 ! Charger. We drive it mostly < 100 miles a day (average probably 40). Its about 3 cents a mile for electricity, and I haven't been to a gas station in years.

Is it a better car for long road trips towing your camper to the Ozarks 1000 miles? No of course not... but for everyday use locally, its far better than any gas car. Fantastic throttle response, great handling. The stereo is awesome and the nav is dead simple to use.

A couple weeks ago I said to the car (verbally with my voice) "Navigate to Harbor Freight" - The car drove me into the parking lot - pulled up in front of the store - unassisted about 10 miles through suburban traffic.

As far as fires go, gas cars burn up from fire more frequently than electric cars.:
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/report-...-powered-cars/

I'd bet a nickel that if most of you haters drove a Tesla for a month, you'd be converted.
Would you try and tow a rig with a smart car? heck no! electric around town like ya said is great. Proper equipment for the intended purpose is more than half the battle. I really think for the time frame we are in hybrids serve a greater purpose and let us figure out the total ev picture in the right time frame. Our infrastructure is a joke electric wise.