View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv657172 View Post
Johntal1 - I guess I would prefer to have as close to zero working angle between the engine and front of the driveshaft and a resting negative pinion working angle of -2 to -2.5 degrees so that under a load everything is in alignment.

Mean Green - I agree with that. My front working angle seems too high? Engine at 4.5 degrees and driveshaft at 2.8 degrees, would you adjust to get them more in line?
"DV"

A lot has to do with how much room you have for adjustment. Some cars dont have adequate room to shim the engine and or transmission to get the crank and front u-joint close to 0*. You want the engine setback angle anywhere from 1-5 degrees in my opinion. Then set your rear end angle till you obtain no more than 3 degrees of pinion angle. Depending on your suspension setup and what type of bushings your running will change what your working angle will be. make sure you make your adjustmants with the car the way it sits at the starting line. Fuel/driver/helmet jacket and pants etc etc. From you OP I think your setup pretty good. You might need to bring the rear up a degree but Id leave well enough alone, that is unless your killing joints.