View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some updates: I had someone complain about the durability of the fan guard waterslides a while back. He clearly didn't read the instructions, and honestly I'm not sure how the heck he managed to get it so mangled, but it's been in the back of my mind. After working with him and refunding his money, it irked me that he left a bad review on my Etsy store. So, I had some regular adhesive decals made for '64-'66 cars for guys who care more about durability rather than originality.

I haven't found a place that can do the embossed surface of the SD valve cover decals and I've looked high and low. Even if I produced them as flat decals they'd be an improvement over the current repros, but I'm going to keep hunting because having the embossed part would be super cool.

Finally, I had someone reach out from the Corvette community about air cleaner silk screens for '63-'69 cars so I've been doing some research and made screens that I think cover most cars. Very similar to Pontiac in most cases with different part numbers or ink colors. I've also been working on the art for oil canisters. Apparently the sources who were doing these before have retired or closed. As I understand it, there was a fairly big merger of Corvette resto houses recently (kind of like PY -> Ames) and the silkscreen service may have been a casualty. It's also been historically very expensive, so I'm down to make a few DIY kits for these guys.

Lastly, I'm debating upgrading my printer setup because it's really time consuming to make the waterslides - two passes of white then a pass of color on top. The yield is fairly low because the registration is unpredictable due to running the paper through so many time. Not an insignificant investment as they're several thousand dollars, but I think it would save time and produce a higher quality output.

'64-'66 fan adhesive stickers

'63-'67 Corvette air cleaner screens (red for '63-'64 only)

'67-'69 427 tri power screen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4016.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	629691   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3994.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	629692   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4010.jpg