View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 05:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Help with 4th gen seats in a 2nd Gen

I have acquired a full set of cloth 4th Gen seats to replace my current wrong front seats and original rear vinyl seats.

I had hoped the full set would work but I believe that the rear 4th Gen seats cant be used as the spacing and size are completely different or am I wrong about that?

I do want to use the front 4th Gen seats as the driver seat is powered and I like the recline option. I have found that others have done this conversion with some success but I cant find mounting or conversion details or specs. I cant find any specific detailed write up of the conversion.

I need to use the 4th Gen seat tracks as I dont have original 2nd gen front seat tracks and I would like the power option on the driver seat.

I know the Gen 2 front seat front bolts holes tapped in the floor are approximately 11 1/2 inches between seat rail mounting locations and the 4th gen are 13 3/8 inches between the rail mounting locations.

To be able to use the existing mounting locations in the floor, can I just use flat stock to extend the mounting spacing for the 4th gen seat tracks?

Will the power tracks work for driver seat mounted directly to the floor or do I have to put spacers to lift the tracks off the floor to get full range of movement on the power mechanism.

Does anyone have a specific write up of the conversion to put 4th gen seats and tracks into a 2nd Gen - 79 Trans Am?

Thank you