View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 05:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
You got real fortunate that someone put something on that roof. I may be able to find some pictures of mine as it was when I got it. I had to replace a lot of the roof skin and both sail panels. Of course, 20 years later if I had to do it again I would have just replaced the entire roof skin and maybe quarters. But at the time I was trying to keep as much of the original car there as possible. Your car looks great and that dark blue over black thing always looks tough on a muscle car!
When we wrote up the contract for the work, he did mention that if he finds some rot under the vinyl top that it was going to cost more. We ended up ripping off the top right after we wrote up the contract and didn't find anything. A few people told me that it would be better not to put another vinyl top but I just have to have it. The area between the rear window and the trunk lid is what I was really worried about because it was already starting to push through the vinyl. It was mainly surface rust with the exception of a small area near the drivers side quarter.