View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Hot damn! Just got home with the 75 TA. Met the transporter behind a grocery store about 6 miles from my house. Of course it's raining here today and I haven't driven a stick in 20+ years, but all went well. Car is safe and sound in my garage. Just as the seller told me, the car runs excellent.

The car I miss most from my youth was my 72 Camaro 3 speed. Since I'm a Pontiac guy now I thought this TA fully encompassed what I was trying to recapture and it is. Zero regrets.

As far as purchasing a car at such a distance (CA to NC), I would do it again in a second. I would recommend anyone doing the same to do it right no corner cutting.

What I did:

Purchased the PHS overnight way before deal was done. It checked out per what seller had told me.

Hired a local to the car pre inspection/appraisal from certified appraiser. I got 100+ high quality pics from ever angle to include underneath.
Paint meter reading on all sheet metal. Appraiser actually rode in the car with the seller. Have video.

For me having a really responsive seller was a plus.

Anyway thanks again for all the help and comments from members. I started this thread with the purpose of finding and buying a nice car. As they say "you gotta love it when a plan comes together".

Enjoy the car. Glad you are happy with it.

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles