View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow1098 View Post
I tried to practice alittle last night on the street which is probably not a good comparison to the track because I wasnt aired down on the tires or even did any burn outs or anything…. But just off 1,500 rpm it spins like crazy and then off idle which for me is still around 1,100 is doesn’t spin but I can only part throttle it.

I would like to know for the street also as I do mess with some of my friends a bit….Im pretty sure flooring it even off idle on the street it’ll spin like crazy
I have to "roll into" the throttle on my launches otherwise the tires will break free pretty bad, I have M/T drag radials & even on a good prepped track they will break free. I go to about half throttle or a little more very fast, but then roll into it to full throttle being ready to feather it a bit if i feel the tires wanting to break free. Its a balancing act, but for traction limited street/strip cars you gotta play with the throttle a little. I have zero traction aids on mine, just a homemade pinion snubber, might look into the anti squat or cal trac bars.

Also a 15" tire will do better than a bigger one because of more sidewall, thats why most late model cars with bigger factory wheels use 15" in the "drag pack" wheel set ups, 15" rear & 17" or whatever front to clear the bigger breaks. Ive heard the M/T pro bracket drag radials are the best hooking radial tire, but they are not DOT approved although I see guys running them on the street all the time, they do have a few small lines in them so that probably gets by the police if they see them.