View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I ran a Strange 12 bolt in our 4th gen Camaro for years. 6-speed that ran 11's and I couldn't break it, was never worried about it. Eaton clutch style posi with 33 spline axles and big bearing ford housing ends.

Most of the 9 inch stuff I've been involved in admittedly has been stock housings with aftermarket center sections. Mainly the aftermarket center sections because as I mentioned the pinion support would always break with the stock stuff. Never had that issue with the aftermarket pieces.

The QP 9" my son bought for $3200 shipped is the first time I've dealt with a complete aftermarket piece with a larger beefier sheetmetal center piece, larger tubes with thicker wall, and I must say it's quite a bit heavier than the stock 9 inchers I have here. With it's aluminum aftermarket center section with through bolts that is extremely beefy, I think it's the last rearend my son will have to buy. I don't see him breaking it.

I've worked on Moser 12 bolts for a couple cars and have personally bought Moser parts and pieces. I tend to like Strange better. Quality is better, the casting of the housing seems a little better. They actually weld on your brake tabs where as Moser never did and I had to make them myself. Just little things like that I've noticed between them. That may have changed now I don't know. I quit dealing with Moser years ago after an axle fiasco we had that is a long story.

For the most part the cars we have here are original GM 12 bolts and I've had no issue making them live in 10 second cars as long as good parts are used inside and proper setup. Those 10 second cars are automatics though, much easier on things.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE