View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Corcoran View Post
I have a Duramax Diesel in my truck and have been using Rotella T4. I really appreciate you posting this information I will be switching to Chevron Delo. I just learned something new.

I saw this on the Chevon site, it says the Delo 400 SDE is discontinued and has been replaced by Delo 400 XLE B which is a synthetic blend? Which Delo 15/40 did you change your fleet to? Chevron has several Delo 15-40 diesel oils, there is ADF, XSP, XLE and SDE.

https://www.chevronlubricants.com/en...ae-15w-40.html
No problem at all. I know oil choices are almost a religion to some folks, but i wanted to share my experience. I initially switched to the SDE when I decided to try an alternative to rotella, and that ls when I realized it's advantages. We now run the synthetic blend as it allows us to extend our drain intervals by about 50%, which is a decent time and money saver when you have a significant number of engines running all the time. With the switch, consumption has remained steady, and wear metals have as well. I've become a big proponent of oil sampling on high dollar engines, and I do so every other change. It can detect issues in the early stages, such as an oil cooler or head gasket that's on its way out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TA63 For This Useful Post: