View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 11:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
It's been posted here before that WIX no longer makes the majority of NAPA filters as they have in the past 50 years. WIX was bought out by Mann/Hummel, a Geman manufacturer, that sources almost all their filters globally.

Some of the You tube warriors, that dissect filters on their videos have shown that some of the new filters from H/M are not of the same quality, or construction, as the older versions were. Previously the same last 4 numbers of WIX and NAPA filters were identical inside, that has changed.

Formerly if you couldn't get a WIX part, the NAPA version was identical, no longer the case.
Not true, at least since I've cut them apart in the last couple months, they have been "THE SAME" and haven't changed in the 30 something years I've been cutting them.

Now if that changes with the next batch I'll be cutting apart here shortly, I'll report back, but I don't suspect I'll see anything different.

Of course our Napa is privately owned and not part of the chain, so they carry just a little bit different stuff than a regular Napa. Not sure if that makes a difference on Wix/Napa Gold filters though. I would assume that's from similar suppliers.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE