View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheThinkers View Post
As to the legality, it depends on if they are still operating and who owns the proprietary information if they are not. For instance, even though the Pontiac brand is officially dead, no other car manufacturer can make more for X number of years. It is an absurd number of years after it is no longer in use, but all they have to do is do a 1 time event to extend that time frame. I would do a little research and see if they just went belly up or were bought out. Also, be careful with anything with Pontiac in the actual title, because GM is very litigious currently. Even with dead brands.
Your comment about GM does not surprise me; I would have reproduced the "Service Craftsman News" for sale 35 years ago except for the response I received from their legal department. We had a couple of brothers in Missouri a "few" years ago with the same attitude (their last name was James!).

So I guess my scanning efforts will be limited to carburetor data (at least to offer), as I have written authority to do so from all of the majors except Autolite. Still will be scanning some of the others for my own use.

Jon

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.