View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 06:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA63 View Post
Only thing I have to add is this. I know diesel 15-40 oil is popular here, and with owners of other classic cars. I've also seen Rotella t4 mentioned plenty of times. I'd encourage you all running t4 to consider switching to mobile delvac or chevron delo instead. I used to be a Rotella user, but experienced excessive consumption in a bunch if diesel engines ranging in size from 7 to 15.2 liters. I switched to chevron delo and not only was consumption cut nearly in half across the board, but wear metals in my oil samples.were reduced by on average 30%. I had one of my drivers come to me and ask what I had done because he no longer needed to add oil to the cat c15 in that particular rig between changes. I have since learned that there's been a shift away from Rotella by many other outfits as well because of the reasons mentioned.
I have a Duramax Diesel in my truck and have been using Rotella T4. I really appreciate you posting this information I will be switching to Chevron Delo. I just learned something new.

I saw this on the Chevon site, it says the Delo 400 SDE is discontinued and has been replaced by Delo 400 XLE B which is a synthetic blend? Which Delo 15/40 did you change your fleet to? Chevron has several Delo 15-40 diesel oils, there is ADF, XSP, XLE and SDE.

https://www.chevronlubricants.com/en...ae-15w-40.html

Last edited by Tim Corcoran; 02-16-2024 at 07:18 AM.