View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure where the guys comparing cost between the QP 9” and a 12 bolt Moser for an A body are getting their numbers. When I have compared the two combos equally set up the Moser is $700 to $900 more, not close to twice as much. I am apparently checking some extra options I think are necessary, which comes from all the stuff my friends and I have broke on 9” set ups. If you want to build the 9” with all the options, gusset’s, back braces, billet steel front bearing support, Moser 3rd member, there is hardly any difference in cost, I think the 9” may even cost a little more.

IMHO, the standard QP 9”, is not as strong as the 12 bolt Moser. The standard QP 9” is cheaper, and for mild street cars you can run some stock 9” parts to get the price down, but then it is a long ways from being as strong as the Moser 12 bolt. The 9” with all the options is an EXTREMELY nice piece, and about as bullet proof as you can get. It is not cheap to build though. JMHO…The Dana 60 is the best value for it’s stock strength with small bracing upgrades.

Last edited by Jay S; 02-15-2024 at 11:41 AM.