View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

How do the peak HP/TQ numbers from a dyno equate to the RPM the car should launch from?

I have a somewhat similar stroker combo that works out to about 525-550hp that peaked around 5400rpm... but after lots of low 11 sec runs at 121+mph, i found the car launches best off idle or maybe foot braked to around 1000-1200 rpm. With a continental 10" converter flashing to about 3300 it seems to work best off idle or very low rpm, if i try to launch at higher rpms 1500-1800 the M/T drag radial tires usually break free so bad the run is all but lost & 60ft sucks compared to off idle/low rpm. Using the same PTFB dropped leafs & their subframe connectors but no other traction aids besides a home made pinion snubber that does help a little.

I would say you really need to experiment with the car some to see where it launches best, play with the anti squat bar & shock adjustments as well as tire psi. But for my combo & others like it such as cliff r's old car, it made best times off idle for that combo, if you have a very high stall then higher rpm may work better. Just gotta play with it some at a couple test & tune events.

The Following User Says Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post: