View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 05:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADERMIKE 2012 View Post
1. The Piston Skirts were measured at the lowest point on the Skirt as well, measurements appear on the document that I am supplying with photos of the actual parts. You can look at the information in the upcoming attachments in order to let me know your thoughts.

2. Note: On these Rods, there is no bevel or camphor, one larger or smaller than the other that would clear the weights on the Crank, as was explained to me over the forum. The only difference we found was on one side of the Rod, on the lower half @ the webbing, is a raised portion, that resembles 1/16" diameter dowel x 3/16" high, cast in mark, perhaps for strength or maybe it depicts direction.
For now, I base the orientation of the Rods by the Spurt holes only and the Pistons by the groove etched in the Piston edge top. I can only feel that since these Rods don't fit the description that was given to me, that maybe these are Forged ones? One could only hope! Let me know, they have an "H"- shape to them.
1. You are measuring at the wrong spot.

2. All rods has a chamfer to leave room for the bearing to the radius on crank. Look closer. Also the rods are offset and needs to be positioned with the notches towards radius on crank. You can NOT just look at the spurt holes.
If there are no notches on rods (aftermarket) you need to check how the bearing sits in the rod, side with more room goes towards radius on crank.
Your 1967 and earlier rods are cast I-beams. 1968 and later rods are reinforced at the big end as shown on my picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cylinder wear.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	627520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Piston sizing point.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	627521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Correct assembly of rod to piston.jpg
Views:	83