View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
Interesting you mention that. They did offer a rental car and I declined as we had just bought my daughter a car for Christmas and she isn’t 16 yet so my wife has been driving her car.

Talking to a friend at a body shop he said always take the rental car as it motivates them to resolve it faster since it is costing them money daily.

It makes sense- when I am still paying insurance and the payment on the car they do not lose anything dragging it out and there is a chance the car will be found possibly saving them money.
I agree, if they offer a loaner take it, it they don't offer, ask for one. Working at a Dodge dealership for years, if a customer had a warranty issue with their car, and it was going to be down for awhile they would give you a rental to drive, and the rental charges were charged off to the car manufacturer. At that point, there was a great incentive to get that vehicle repaired and out the door. It even caused a priority escalation of getting parts that are on back order in ASAP, so they would not have to pay all the extra rental costs. If they had no rental to deal with, your car would be last on the list to be repaired.