View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho-mike View Post
This has been a number of years, but I had a friend from high school who managed one of the oil lube stores. He broke his right hand in an accident, but was able to still run the store. He asked me to come by after hours to change the oil in his car because he didn't trust any of the guys who worked for him with changing the oil in his personal car.
Yiikes! I would stay away from that place. First class at Sinclair College, Introduction to automotive service. Every student goes through the process of changing oil and performing an undercar inspection properly. Then the class gets to perform that service on the 60 cars and trucks the school owns. So that's 4 cars each. This includes using a torque wrench on the drain plug. What they do on the job is up to the student's personal integrity. That can vary widely. At least they have been shown the right way numerous times. Some of the problem is what they are paid. $15.00 an hour or more to make a pizza, flip a hamburger at McDonalds, or take your money for a cup of coffee or a couple gallons of gas at the service station. $10.00-11.00 an hour to change the oil and filter on your $80,000.00 car.