View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmissle View Post
if everything is working fine, i would say nice set of rods and go have fun. The N cranks have held up to plenty of abuse.
Also if you really think you want a forged crank and i wouldnt blame you if you wanted the added insurance, i would build a 400 based stroker with the forged crank and sell your running short block when you're ready to install it. I just dont think the smaller rod and main bearings of a 400 block and bbc rods, should be over looked when considering a clean slate type stock block build.
I have thought about doing a 400 based build as well for those reasons. Ultimately it may come down difference in cost. This isn't a budget build, I don't want to cut corners, but I don't want to spend a fortune either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Fix View Post
Might hit the 570 mark but my pump gas 455 in the 78 TA with a HFT about that and 320 E heads I am probably at 550 based on wt/mph. Stingy dyno was only 525. But an N crank and SCAT rods 2 bolt main. Same short block with a click smaller 288/296 UC HFT cam and my RAIV heads on it buzzed 6000-6500 autocrossing and drag racing.
Yeah that was just a number I really kind of threw out. More so after initially talking with Dave at SD way back when I did my top end, it was his estimate at the time. I'm really just after what I can get as a max level streetable combination with what I currently have. I could certainly go further with round ports or RAV stuff, but I don't want to redo the headers etc.

Along with some work to the heads I'll either have the torker II sitting on top ported and matched, or may need to go with something like a northwind. I still need this under the factory 69 bird hood.