View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 12:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Z View Post
Thanks for the information. How crucial is using the Rhodes lifters with the 60919? I was going to use the Crower cam saver lifters. Do I need the Rhodes for vacuum or is it another reason? With my current setup I have 16" of vacuum at idle?
At 9.5 Compression, I would run the Rhoads lifter if using the 60919 camshaft, IF you want to retain as much Idle vacuum as possible, however, it probably still wouldn't produce 16" that you have now. I would estimate maybe around 12-13" if Rhoads are used on the 60919 at your compression. If you had 10-10.5 Compression, you probably wouldn't need the Rhoads lifter at all, to produce roughly the same Idle vacuum as the 60919/Rhoads will at 9.5 Compression. Another thing to keep in mind, is the Standard Rhoads lifter produces a sewing machine tick at Idle, some people doesn't care for that, others it doesn't bother. We have used the Crower CamSaver lifter in the past with success, but I'm not sure if they are a USA lifter, they could be an offshore lifter, which could be a toss up. Now, with all of that said, at 9.5 Compression in a 455, it would be fine to use the Standard USA made HyLift Johnson lifter from Topline Automotive and the 60919 camshaft, it will result in a little more attitude at Idle, and won't produce as much Idle Vacuum, but still should produce enough to run Power Brakes without a problem.