View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 05:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My wife used to do EXACTLY the same thing to every vehicle she's ever owned. Some of the cheaper models she's owned lucky to get 10,000 on a set of front pads/rotors, a few of the higher end models she's driven in more recent years 30,000 best case scenario.

I second B-man's vote that women shouldn't be driving and even if they were allowed to there should be something in the vehicle that automatically disables their cell phones till the reach their final destination.

Anyhow and on a more serious note I've ran the gauntlet with brake pads and rotors. Years ago NAPA was the place to go, now all these auto parts store pretty much sell the same low to mid-level junk. In recent years I"ve switched to Power Stop and compared to what else is out there they are closer to the top of the pile. I always select the zinc plated rotors when the option is available, vs plain or painted as it really wards off the rust we get from all the salt on the roads this far North.......

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),