View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 06:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok, UPDATE ..... We got this thing back togther and fired up finally, and its running fairly decent, it doesn't die anymore when you place it into gear, so that part has been SOLVED! But we have to have the throttle blades cranked open far enough, that the mixture screws have no response to get it to idle around 740-760 RPM. We can pull the PCV valve out of the valve cover and it RPM speeds up about 30-40 RPM.... is this indicating that it needs more Bypass Air? Its currently at .110" .....we are able to close down the primary blades enough, to get it to idle really slow, all the way down to around 650-660 RPM and it will stay running, but the mixture screws still have no response in either direction, and I believe it is due to the Primary Blades still being opened up too far, uncovering the Idle Transfer Slots, and I can't close them down far enough to get it to idle on it's idle circuit to regain control of the mixture screws, without it stalling, seems that it wants more Idle Bypass Air? I didn't check for nozzle drip, but it almost cetainly has to have. Initial Timing is set at 12°, and Vacuum Advance is unplugged while doing the test. I can tip in the choke flap at idle and it will further Decrease Idle RPM. Unhooking the PCV from the valve cover will Increase Idle RPM by about 30-40 RPM. Other than that, it seems to be doing pretty good. I want to be careful about increasing the Idle Bypass Air so much, that we can't get the idle speed down where we want it, around (750-800 RPM). Our Idle Bypass is currently at .110", but I have read people that have as much as .140-.150" .... what do you'll think?